May 2018 Newsletter
Upcoming Events at Weller:
- May 28th - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- June 7th - Last Day of School - Minimum Day
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 16TH, 2018 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
School Site Council - next meeting will be on Wednesday, May 30th
at 2:20 PM at Weller Elementary School Office/Conference Room
THANK YOU PARENTS AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS FOR ATTENDING OUR FIRST
LEADERSHIP DAY EVENT!
For more information, contact Mrs. Padilla, Principal of Joseph Weller Elementary School
Weller Parent Surveys
- Parents, we need your feedback on the Leader in Me process at Weller. Even if you did not attend the Leadership Day event, please take time to give us feedback to help us plan and make any adjustments next year.
- Parents, please share your feedback about Weller School, Parent Communication, Parent Engagement, and more. Help us as we plan for the coming year.
Complete Parent Surveys by June 30th, 2018 - updated date
Smarter Balanced Practice Tests for 3rd - 6th graders
plus the Science Practice Test for 5th graders
Sign-in as a GUEST and select the grade-level and the subject area - Math or Language Arts for 3rd-6th grade or Science (5th grade only)
Joseph Weller Elementary School - 2016-2017 School Accountability Report Card (SARC) for the 2017-2018 school year is now available for you to view. Click on the link to access the report.
Copies of the SARC report are also available in the school office.. If you would like a hardcopy of the report, please contact the school office at (408) 635-2876.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten Registration begins on Thursday, March 1st, 2018 at 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Click on February 2018 Newsletter for more detailed information about TK/Kindergarten Registration
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION will begin at all elementary sites on Thursday, March 1, 2018 and will continue throughout the school year. Students who turn 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2018 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN (TK) is the first year of a 2-year program that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate. Your child must turn 5 years old between September 2, 2018 and December 2, 2018 to be eligible for TK for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Children who turn 5 after December 2, 2018 will need to enroll in March 2019 for kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year.
Kinder Camp at Randall Elementary - June 2018
- School starts at 8:00 AM
- Weller is a Uniform School. Students are expected to wear uniforms to school each day. See the Uniform Tab under ABOUT for more Information. If you need assistance with uniform clothing, please stop by the office to see what we have in our uniform closet. These items are free.
Meet our Front Office staff members: (from left to right)
David Kennedy-Assistant Principal, Alicia Chairez-Staff Secretary, Anita Matheson-Health Clerk,
Carol Larin-Principal's Secretary, Alicia Padilla-Principal