May 2018 Newsletter
Upcoming Events at Weller:
- Friday, April 13th - Principal's Coffee Chat with Principal Padilla @ 8:15 AM in the Learning Lab
- April 16th - April 20th - Spring Break (NO SCHOOL)
- April 26th - PTA General Parent Meeting @ 6:00 PM - Learning Lab
- April 27th - Paint Nite at Weller @ 5:30 PM in MPR - $35 (Fundraiser for 6th grade promotion activities)
- May 5, 2018 - Milpitas Elementary Olympics at MHS & Pomeroy - everyone is invited. More details to follow
- May 11th - Multicultural Celebration Day - Evening event including PTA Raffle
- May 17th - Leader in Me Leadership Day 8:00 AM - 10:30 AM and Open House 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- May 25th - Minimum Day - Early Dismissal
- May 28th - NO SCHOOL - Memorial Day
- June 7th - Last Day of School
- THURSDAY, AUGUST 16TH, 2018 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
SAVE THE DATE:
Thursday, May 17, 2018
8:00 AM - 10:30 AM at Joseph Weller MPR
Joseph Weller Elementary School is a Leader in Me School. Weller families, MUSD staff members, and community members are invited to attend our first Leader in Me Leadership Day event. Our students will be showcasing their leadership skills and talents and how they incorporate the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People principles each day . Come and enjoy refreshments, see student presentations, hear a performance by our chorus, tour our classrooms, and more.
For more information, contact Mrs. Padilla, Principal of Joseph Weller Elementary School
Smarter Balanced Practice Tests for 3rd - 6th graders
plus the Science Practice Test for 5th graders
Sign-in as a GUEST and select the grade-level and the subject area - Math or Language Arts for 3rd-6th grade or Science (5th grade only)
Joseph Weller Elementary School - 2016-2017 School Accountability Report Card (SARC) for the 2017-2018 school year is now available for you to view. Click on the link to access the report.
Copies of the SARC report are also available in the school office.. If you would like a hardcopy of the report, please contact the school office at (408) 635-2876.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten Registration begins on Thursday, March 1st, 2018 at 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Click on February 2018 Newsletter for more detailed information about TK/Kindergarten Registration
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION will begin at all elementary sites on Thursday, March 1, 2018 and will continue throughout the school year. Students who turn 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2018 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year.
TRANSITIONAL KINDERGARTEN (TK) is the first year of a 2-year program that uses a modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate. Your child must turn 5 years old between September 2, 2018 and December 2, 2018 to be eligible for TK for the upcoming 2018-2019 school year. Children who turn 5 after December 2, 2018 will need to enroll in March 2019 for kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year.
Kinder Camp at Randall Elementary - June 2018
Hello Weller Families,
We are excited to announce that MUSD has adopted a new English Language Arts textbook. Our new materials are from Benchmark Advance/Hardcourt Press. The new instructional materials will have updated content and are aligned to the new California standards. We are sure your child will find the new materials interesting and fun.
The old English Language Arts materials will be marked obsolete and available for you to take home for free. The grade-level materials will be available for your child to take from their classroom after March 13th. We will have a display of free materials during Parent-Teacher conferences on March 14th – 16th in the area between the 100 wing and the Learning lab at Weller. Enjoy the materials!
- School starts at 8:00 AM
- Weller is a Uniform School. Students are expected to wear uniforms to school each day. See the Uniform Tab under ABOUT for more Information. If you need assistance with uniform clothing, please stop by the office to see what we have in our uniform closet. These items are free.
Meet our Front Office staff members: (from left to right)
David Kennedy-Assistant Principal, Alicia Chairez-Staff Secretary, Anita Matheson-Health Clerk,
Carol Larin-Principal's Secretary, Alicia Padilla-Principal