Welcome to First Grade!
Ms. Talucod Room 113
What we are learning...
- verbs: past, present, future
- long vowel spelling patterns
- writing in complete sentences
- making connections (text to self, text to text, text to world)
- addition strategies
- counting on 1, 2, 3
- using doubles to add
- using doubles plus 1 and doubles minus 1 to add
- make a 10 to add
- subtraction strategies
- counting back 1, 2, 3
Other Class News
- Star of the Week
- When your child is chosen as the Star of the Week, he/she will bring home a letter and a poster. The letter provides directions for next steps.
- Please help your child in completing the poster as it will be displayed on a bulletin board for a whole week.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Parents please read...
PARENTS RIGHT TO OPT-OUT OF DATA REQUEST FOR STUDENTS.
Please click on the link below for more information.
Twenty Things We Should Say More Often