WELCOME TO MRS. NGUYEN'S PRIMARY SDC CLASS
PHASES OF THE MOON
We completed our Phases of the Moon Draw and Label. This activity helped students to understand that the faces of the moon changes several times a month. We learned the names of each moon phase and a Moon Journal was assigned as homework over the Winter Break.
WHAT WE ARE LEARNING
- Foundation Skills: Represent, Count, and Write numbers to 10.
- First Grade: Addition Strategies
- Second Grade: Numbers to 1000
- Guided Reading using leveled reader
- Pre-primer booklets
- IG and IP word family
- Sequencing and Rotate and Revolve Chants
- Vocabulary in Context: Phase, illuminate
- Narrative Input: Paint a Sun in the Sky
- Phases of the Moon Draw and Label
January 11-12: Mrs. Nguyen at SEAL training
January 16: MLK Day; NO SCHOOL
January 24: Gallery Walk for Our Earth Unit 7:45 am-8:15 am
February 20-24: SCHOOL NOT in SESSION
March 6-10: Minimum Days
HELPING YOUR CHILD WITH HOMEWORK
These are the items that your child should complete each night:
1. The portion of the homework assigned for that day (iReady, Math/ELA work not completed in class, or printing practice).
2. 10-20 minutes of nightly reading (independently, with another person, or listen to a story read to them)
3. Practice reading words/sentences from flip books sent home.
Please be sure to check your child's backpack the first Friday of the Month for the monthly newsletter and their work from the week. Please return homework daily.