Online Reading Log (http://tinyurl.com/duonglog16)
"Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything"
*Challenges are meant for enrichment. I want to give student the opportunity to research and learn more about certain topics we touch upon and discuss in class. Students are encouraged to go home and research more about this topics, but are not required to.
Extension and enrichment resources can also be found to the right.
February Student of the Week
- For her initiative and dedication to learning. She is self-motivated and takes directions well. Bea Joy participates in class discussions and is never shy from sharing her ideas.
- For improving her reading and taking meticulous notes. She always puts forth tremendous effort in all of her work. Kate is incredibly respectful and continues to do her best.
January Student of the Week
- For her positive attitude and dedication to learning. She continues to work hard and persevere through difficulties.
- For his positive attitude and continued dedication to his learning. He has worked incredibly hard and challenges himself every day. Linch continues to come to school happy and ready to learn everything from math to music.
December Student of the Week
- He continues to work hard and remains positive throughout the year. He comes to school beaming and ready to learn every day.
- For completing all of her work with tremendous effort. She collaborates well with her peers and shows great self-motivation.
November Student of the Week
- For her kindness and dedication to her work. She continues to work hard in and out of class, modeling positive behaviors for her classmates. She has opened up and participated more and more. She is courageous, persistent, and caring.
- For his hard work and determination. He has worked tirelessly to achieve his goals. He continues to work productively in class and puts forth his all into every assignment.
- For opening up and participating. Mikhala has shown tremendous growth these past few weeks by engaging in group discussions and participating in class. She has shown tremendous grit and perseverance.
October Student of the Week
Joaquin (January SotM)
- For his kindness and positivity. Joaquin is well liked by his peers, always willing to help his fellow classmates. He tries his best and encourages others to do the same.
- For her positive attitude. She always comes into class beaming and doesn't let her mistakes weigh her down. She remains positive and perseveres through difficult work situations.
- For her strong work ethic and respectful attitude. Arielle continues to work hard on every assignment and is respectful to everyone in our school community.
- For working hard and his willingness to collaborate. He always puts forth incredible effort and works well with his peers. Navjyot is kind, considerate, and persistent.
September Student of the Week
Abigayle (November SotM)
- For her hard work and engagement. Abigayle comes to school excited and ready to learn. She participates in every classroom discussion and works diligently to finish all of her assignments.
- For her kindness and persistence. Alana shows immense compassion for others. She is dependable and continues to put forth her best work every day.
- For his positivity and leadership. Ian is always willing to help his classmates finish their work and compromise when necessary. He is cooperative and works hard to understand difficult lessons.
Keira (October SotM)
- For her curiosity and responsible attitude. Keira is incredibly inquisitive and is not shy from asking questions. She understands that we are here to learn and asking questions is a big part of that learning.
August Student of the Week
Dennis (February SotM)
- For his positive attitude and perseverant spirit. Dennis always comes to class with a smile on his face, ready to learn, and engages in classroom discussions.
- For his hard work and determination. Oscar continues to challenge himself in every subject and is set on improving with a growth mindset.
- For her commitment to learning and her community. Vanessa is incredibly productive and focused. She finishes all of her work on time and always gives 110%. She is also caring, helping her classmates when ever they need assistance.
*SotM = Student of the Month
In your Welcome Packet I provided resources on
- “What Can Parents Do?” to help their scholar succeed in school,
- "15 Life Lessons" that our young students should know,
- "Raising a Reader" with helpful hints for our growing minds,
- and "Newbery Medal Winners (1941-Present)" for some suggested readings.
I would also like to share Be a Learning Hero, a resource from the Parent Teacher Association and Scholastic that helps you become a learning superhero.
Mr. John Duong JDuong@musd.org · Room 205
Welcome to Room 205! My name is Mr. John Duong and I am ecstatic to begin the year with you and your child. I believe this is going to be an exciting year ...more
Where Our Mission Came From
We, the scholars in room 205, will be polite, positive, and perseverant. We are here to learn, encourage others, and improve. To achieve our goals we will challenge ourselves, listen to each other and be polite.
Vanessa, Arielle, Keira, Jerimiah, Kayden, & Jody
We, the scholars in room 205, will be productive, polite, and positive learners. We are here to learn, persevere, and be respectful of others. To achieve our goals we will never give up, work hard, and study.
Alana, Bea Joy, Armando, & Anthony
We, the scholars in room 205, will be productive, positive, and polite learners. We are here to learn, listen, and be perseverant. To achieve our goals we will word harder, stop saying “I can’t do this” and pay attention.
Joaquin, Jhaniel, Monica, & Adrien
We, the scholars in room 205, will be math learners, positive, and productive. We are here to learn, make more friends, and get a good grade in class. To achieve our goals we will say “I can try my hardest,” read big words, and read more books.
Jessica, Mateos, Evanny, & Deepesh
We, the scholars in room 205, will be polite, helpful, and grateful learners. We are here to learn, make more friends, and get good grades. To achieve our goals we will listen, be perseverant, and be good.
Ian, Dennis, Ngoc, & Jericho
We, the scholars in room 205, will be productive, polite, and perseverant learners. We are here to learn, help each other, and be smart. To achieve our goals we will be kind, never say “I can’t” and always try.
Kate, Navjyot, Ivy, Oscar, & Amanda
We, the scholars in room 205, will be happy, successful, and a role model. We are here to learn, achieve our dreams, and make friends. To achieve our goals we will stay focus, follow school rules, and be productive.
Troy, Abigayle, Linch, & Mikhala